Welcome to the home of
FLEXIBILITY. STRENGTH. ENDURANCE.
The AGM is held annually to elect a new Committee
Any eligible and paid up GFA member may attend and vote at the AGM - and can stand for Committee election! Newcomers are always welcome, to ensure that the GFA continues it's high standard of sport governance each year.
If you want to stand for a position on the GFA and help with the development of the sport in one or more areas please contact one of the Committee for the relevant Nomination Form.
Positions available each year are;
Public Relations Officer
Eligible voting members are those members who meet all of the below criteria
- a natural person
- over the age of eighteen (18) years
- a fencer, fencing coach, fencing referee, or a fencing administrator
- residing in the Province of Gauteng
- registered with the GFA and fully paid up in respect of annual subscriptions (Jan to Dec)
- unaffiliated to any other Provincial fencing body
- agrees to be bound by the GFA Constitution and the statutes of the FFSA and FIE
The South African Fencing Mask
The FIE approved our mask design. This is now the official
design that can appear on the mask of SA fencers at international competitions from 1 July 2015. Using the design is not compulsory and fencers can still compete with a plain mask. No other variations are acceptable.